Comprehensive, personalized alpha-1 support for you, your practice, and your patients
When you prescribe PROLASTIN-C LIQUID, you and your patients gain immediate access to all the benefits of the PROLASTIN DIRECT program. PROLASTIN-C LIQUID is available only through the PROLASTIN DIRECT program.
To help you get started, speak with a Patient Service Coordinator by calling 1-800-305-7881.
Have you tested your patients with COPD for alpha-1? If not, you can order your free AlphaID screening kits here.
The PROLASTIN DIRECT program simplifies alpha-1 management for you and your patients1
A dedicated PROLASTIN-C LIQUID coordinator1
Upon enrollment, you and your patients with alpha-1 will be assigned a dedicated PROLASTIN-C LIQUID coordinator to help with all needs related to alpha-1 treatment.1
PROLASTIN DIRECT insurance specialists1
PROLASTIN DIRECT insurance specialists, who have a >90% success rate in obtaining patient coverage, will provide hands-on management of the prior authorization process.1
Specialty pharmacy and infusion experts1
Your PROLASTIN DIRECT Alpha-1 Care Team's specialty pharmacy and infusion experts:
- 24/7 on-call support from specialty-trained registered nurses and pharmacists dedicated exclusively to alpha-1 care1
Automatic enrollment in a disease management program1
As part of the PROLASTIN DIRECT program, patients are automatically enrolled in a disease-management program (AlphaNet®) where they receive one-on-one support from a treatment-experienced patient with alpha-1.1
PROLASTIN-C LIQUID is available only throughthe PROLASTIN DIRECT program
Improving patient outcomes with the AlphaNet® disease-management program1,2
By enrolling your patients in the PROLASTIN DIRECT program, they are automatically connected to the AlphaNet Alpha-1 Disease Management and Prevention Program (ADMAPP).
ADMAPP is the only fully integrated disease-management program shown to improve patient outcomes.1,2*
Significant improvements in health outcomes after intervention year (n=878)2
Increase in the use of long-term oxygen therapy (>16 hours/day [P<0.01])2
- Translates into more optimal use of oxygen therapy
Increase in the use of long-acting bronchodilator (P<0.001)2
- Translates into more optimal medication use
Reduction in exacerbations (P<0.001)2
Reduction in unscheduled physician visits (P=0.03)2
Reduction in emergency room visits (P=0.02)2
Reduction in the use of systemic steroids (P=0.02)2
*Patient outcomes are based on a 2-year study comparing outcomes in a 12-month observation period with augmentation therapy alone and a 12-month intervention period with augmentation therapy plus ADMAPP2:
- Participants were members of AlphaNet®, a not-for-profit health management company founded by patients with alpha-1 to provide comprehensive care solely for patients with alpha-12
- 97% of ADMAPP study participants were taking PROLASTIN® (alpha1-proteinase inhibitor [human])2
PROLASTIN DIRECT is the whole package. They help us get the infusion started, they take us through the entire process, from the referral form to the specialty pharmacy to the infusion nurse to the coordinator to the AlphaNet referral. So, my patient doesn't just get therapy, they get the TLC that goes behind it and the dedicated expert that really cares.
I'm very impressed with the PROLASTIN DIRECT program. As a provider, it takes the burden off of me completely. [Now,] the office visit can be really focused on [the patient] and not on paperwork, logistics, insurance, prior authorization, and those sorts of things.
My nurse that infuses me, the people that I have to call for supplies or insurance…they just take care of it. That's personal care.
Enroll your patients in the PROLASTIN DIRECT program
Simply download, complete, and fax the PROLASTIN DIRECT enrollment form.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
PROLASTIN®-C LIQUID is an alpha1-proteinase inhibitor (human) (alpha1-PI) indicated for chronic augmentation and maintenance therapy in adults with clinical evidence of emphysema due to severe hereditary deficiency of alpha1-PI (alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency).
Limitations of Use
- The effect of augmentation therapy with any alpha1-PI, including PROLASTIN-C LIQUID, on pulmonary exacerbations and on the progression of emphysema in alpha1-PI deficiency has not been conclusively demonstrated in randomized, controlled clinical trials
- Clinical data demonstrating the long-term effects of chronic augmentation or maintenance therapy with PROLASTIN-C LIQUID are not available
- PROLASTIN-C LIQUID is not indicated as therapy for lung disease in patients in whom severe alpha1-PI deficiency has not been established
PROLASTIN-C LIQUID is contraindicated in immunoglobulin A (IgA)-deficient patients with antibodies against IgA or patients with a history of anaphylaxis or other severe systemic reaction to alpha1-PI products.
Hypersensitivity reactions, including anaphylaxis, may occur. Monitor vital signs and observe the patient carefully throughout the infusion. If hypersensitivity symptoms occur, promptly stop PROLASTIN-C LIQUID infusion and begin appropriate therapy.
Because PROLASTIN-C LIQUID is made from human plasma, it may carry a risk of transmitting infectious agents, eg, viruses, the variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) agent, and, theoretically, the Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) agent. This also applies to unknown or emerging viruses and other pathogens.
The most common adverse reactions during PROLASTIN-C LIQUID clinical trials in >5% of subjects were diarrhea and fatigue, each of which occurred in 2 subjects (6%).
Please see full Prescribing Information for PROLASTIN-C LIQUID.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
1. Data on file, PROLASTIN DIRECT program. 2. Campos MA, Alazemi S, Zhang G, Wanner A, Sandhaus RA. Effects of a disease management program in individuals with alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency. COPD. 2009;6(1):31-40.