AlphaID™ screening kits are FREE and make testing for alpha-1 easy
Rule out alpha-1 in all your patients with COPD. AlphaID is a free and fast cheek swab for screening all your patients for alpha-1, the #1 risk factor for genetic COPD.
- Turnaround time is within 5 business days. AlphaID is provided compliments of Grifols and may not be billed to patients or their insurers
- AlphaID is processed at an independent, certified laboratory that values and adheres to strict privacy and confidentiality standards
- Ordering clinicians can access confidential results via fax or MyAlphaID portal when email is provided
Prolastin HCP Kit
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
PROLASTIN®-C LIQUID is an alpha1-proteinase inhibitor (human) (alpha1-PI) indicated for chronic augmentation and maintenance therapy in adults with clinical evidence of emphysema due to severe hereditary deficiency of alpha1-PI (alpha1-antitrypsin deficiency).
Limitations of Use
- The effect of augmentation therapy with any alpha1-PI, including PROLASTIN-C LIQUID, on pulmonary exacerbations and on the progression of emphysema in alpha1-PI deficiency has not been conclusively demonstrated in randomized, controlled clinical trials
- Clinical data demonstrating the long-term effects of chronic augmentation or maintenance therapy with PROLASTIN-C LIQUID are not available
- PROLASTIN-C LIQUID is not indicated as therapy for lung disease in patients in whom severe alpha1-PI deficiency has not been established
PROLASTIN-C LIQUID is contraindicated in immunoglobulin A (IgA)-deficient patients with antibodies against IgA or patients with a history of anaphylaxis or other severe systemic reaction to alpha1-PI products.
Hypersensitivity reactions, including anaphylaxis, may occur. Monitor vital signs and observe the patient carefully throughout the infusion. If hypersensitivity symptoms occur, promptly stop PROLASTIN-C LIQUID infusion and begin appropriate therapy.
Because PROLASTIN-C LIQUID is made from human plasma, it may carry a risk of transmitting infectious agents, eg, viruses, the variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) agent, and, theoretically, the Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) agent. This also applies to unknown or emerging viruses and other pathogens.
The most common adverse reactions during PROLASTIN-C LIQUID clinical trials in >5% of subjects were diarrhea and fatigue, each of which occurred in 2 subjects (6%).
Please see full Prescribing Information for PROLASTIN-C LIQUID.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.