What is PROLASTIN-C LIQUID?2
PROLASTIN-C LIQUID is the #1 prescribed augmentation therapy that has been proven to effectively raise alpha1-antitrypsin protein levels in patients with alpha-1. It is a concentrated form of the protein alpha1 antitrypsin that is purified from human plasma, the fluid part of your blood. It involves a lifelong, weekly infusion that takes approximately 15 minutes when given at the recommended rate.*
It is important to know that although there is no cure for alpha-1, it can be treated. PROLASTIN-C LIQUID has been demonstrated to raise the plasma level of alpha1-proteinase inhibitor (alpha1-PI), but the effect of this augmentation on pulmonary exacerbations and on the rate of progression of emphysema has not been demonstrated in adequately powered, randomized, controlled clinical trials for any alpha1-PI product.
Reasons you can trust PROLASTIN-C LIQUID
- The #1 prescribed augmentation therapy trusted by patients with alpha-1 and their doctors for more than 25 years1
- Offers the convenience of receiving your infusion at home, at work, at an infusion center, and even when you are traveling
- Automatic enrollment in the PROLASTIN DIRECT® program, which provides you with a team who works exclusively on alpha-1 and is dedicated to your care
- More than 4 million PROLASTIN-C infusions have been performed around the world1
The most common adverse reactions during PROLASTIN-C LIQUID clinical trials in >5% of subjects were diarrhea and fatigue, each of which occurred in 2 subjects (6%).
PROLASTIN-C LIQUID tolerability and safety2
PROLASTIN-C LIQUID has a tolerability and safety profile that is consistent with the PROLASTIN-C powder formulation.
The overall frequency of adverse events was similar between PROLASTIN-C LIQUID and lyophilized PROLASTIN-C, and no adverse events led to treatment withdrawal.
Because PROLASTIN-C LIQUID is made from human plasma, it may carry a risk of transmitting infectious agents, eg, viruses, the variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) agent, and, theoretically, the Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) agent. This also applies to unknown or emerging viruses and other pathogens.
Starting your PROLASTIN-C LIQUID therapy
You may have questions about starting a new therapy, but it is important to remember that you are not alone.
When you are prescribed PROLASTIN-C LIQUID, your doctor sends in your prescription to EVERSANA, the only specialty pharmacy that fills PROLASTIN-C LIQUID prescriptions and manages the PROLASTIN DIRECT program.
At this time, you are automatically enrolled in the PROLASTIN DIRECT program. This program provides you with a team dedicated to your alpha-1 care, and they will be there to support you every step of the way.
Once the PROLASTIN DIRECT team receives your prescription from your doctor, they will call you within 24 hours. When the PROLASTIN DIRECT team calls you, your caller ID may display "Unknown Caller," "Unavailable Caller," or "800-305-7881." Please answer the call, or call back as soon as possible, to take the next step in obtaining your PROLASTIN-C LIQUID.
Making the transition from PROLASTIN-C to PROLASTIN-C LIQUID
To transition to PROLASTIN-C LIQUID, your doctor will need to send in a new prescription. To make it easy for you, call the PROLASTIN DIRECT program. They will handle the entire process by working directly with your doctor's office. The following information will tell you more about the easy transition. Remember, PROLASTIN-C LIQUID is the same medicine you have been receiving in a powder formulation, but is now available in a convenient ready-to-use liquid formulation.2
After transitioning to PROLASTIN-C LIQUID:
- Mixing is no longer required, making your preparation time shorter. Your infusion volume will stay the same
- You will still receive the same ongoing, personalized support you have always received from the PROLASTIN DIRECT program
- You will continue to work with your PROLASTIN DIRECT program Patient Service Coordinator, infusion nurse, and AlphaNet® Coordinator