Prolastin Direct® Patient Services
One-Stop Prolastin Direct® Patient Services
Prolastin Direct® Patient Services is a unique medication delivery and health management service and more, which makes managing Alpha-1 easier.
Prolastin Direct® Patient Services enables you to directly receive PROLASTIN-C when and where you need it in the United States. Prolastin Direct® Patient Services reimbursement experts have a 99% success rate in gaining insurance authorization for therapy.1
Call Prolastin Direct® at 800-305-7881 with questions about insurance coverage, delivery of PROLASTIN-C and nursing services. Learn more about other options for help with insurance and co-pays.
How Prolastin Direct® works:
When your doctor prescribes PROLASTIN-C, you will automatically be enrolled in Prolastin Direct® Patient Services.
Prolastin Direct® Patient Services helps you get started on therapy and makes sure you get your therapy on time where you need it. Prolastin Direct® staff:
- Coordinates authorization for therapy between your doctor and your insurance company
- Calls you to see where and when you want to receive your infusions of PROLASTIN-C*
- Makes arrangements for all nursing services and supplies
- Arranges delivery of PROLASTIN-C to your home, your doctor's office, the infusion center at the local hospital, or any other location you choose
- Makes sure your Prolastin Direct® case manager arranges for nursing services and delivery of PROLASTIN-C to wherever you're staying if you happen to be traveling
- Connects you with an AlphaNet Coordinator, to start you in the optional health management program
Coordinators from AlphaNet, who are Alpha patients themselves, will call you at least once a month, with your permission, to:
- Offer education and support with information about the disease, therapy, life style changes and other health management services
- Connect you to support groups and others with Alpha-1
- Alert you about news & events in the Alpha-1 community
* The exact date, delivery, location, and amount of the first and subsequent shipments are dependent upon your doctor's orders insurance authorization.
Patients participating with Prolastin Direct® patient services do better than patients just on therapy without health management support
A clinical study of Alpha-1 showed that patients who received augmentation therapy, such as PROLASTIN-C, plus the health management services of Prolastin Direct® Patient Services, experienced 10% fewer exacerbations compared with patients who received augmentation therapy alone.1